Engine Building - Fairview Campus
- 10th Ave. between Mining and Auditorium buildings
- Original construction 1918
Gas Engine Shop addition 1919
- Sharp & Thompson
- Total cost for all 1918 buildings $9,000
- Sources of funds:
- Invalided Soldiers Commission
- Name history:
- Also known as Garage, Gas Engine Laboratory, or Mechanical Engineering Building.
- Use history:
- Originally used for training of returned soldiers.
- Demolition date:
- October 1955
- Architectural features:
- Wood-frame, 3-ply ready roofing, wood siding.
- Vancouver City Archive; Thompson, Berwick, Pratt; McGill; UBC Essays
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index