Harry Purdy Extended Care Hospital (Purdy Pavilion)
- 2221 Wesbrook Mall
- Paul Smith Associates
- Sources of funds:
- Great Vancouver Regional Hospital District; federal and provincial government
- Architectural features:
- This building's design followed the design of Banfield Unit in VGH. Its
exterior is in-situ reinforced concrete with red infill panels beneath the windows.
Another noticeable feature was its usage of curved details and floor plan shape.
- Name History:
- This building is named after Dr. Harry Purdy in honour of him being the first
Chairman of the Advisory Committee of the G.V.R.H.D. and professior of UBC.
- Construction Type:
- With the assistant from Provincial and federal government, the Greater Vancouver
Regional District Hospital was in charge of the construction of this building
and the Acute Care Unit as well. They were responsible for approximately forty
per cent of the constuction cost. This 300-bed facility was designed to care for
patients admitted and the training of future health professionals.
- Ceremonies Office; UBC Buildings (Campus Planning)
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index