Morris and Helen Belkin Art Gallery
- 1825 Main Mall
- Peter Cardew
- Sources of funds:
- Gift from Morris and Helen Belkin
- Architectural features:
- The exterior of the building is a concordance of planes, curves and
angles in white brick, green glass, and grey glass and grey metal. The
planes of white brick common area is incorporated in the Modernist university
structure in which sharp, unwindowed corners, the gleaming, blank brick
tower, the sweep of uninterrupted wall, are usually bottomed and capped
firmly with grey lines of masonry.
- Construction Type:
- High headroom, steel frame with cerestory windows; in-situ concrete
and grey brick walls.
- Building users:
- Faculty of Arts and the public
- It won the Canadian Architect Yearbook Award. It includes the curatorial
and administration offices, meeting room, archives and open-plan storage
and preparation areas.
- Fine Arts Pamphlet Files; UBC Buildings (Campus Planning)
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index