Physics Building - Fairview Campus
- Southeast corner of Laurel St. and 10th Ave.
- Date of construction
- A. Arthur Cox
- Sources of funds:
$15,000 from the B.C. Government, the rest from the Royal Institution for
the Advancement of Learning of B.C.
- Name history:
Science Building until 1916.
Designed and built as Temporary College for the Royal Institute of Learning
- Use history:
First used for Chemistry, Biology, and Physics.
- Demolition date:
- October 1955
- Architectural features:
- Two storeys plus attic and basement.
Heavy timber structure. Shingled walls and roof. Small coal shed attached to the north part of east elevation.
The oldest building on the campus. Built and first used by McGill University College of British Columbia. Alterations in summer 1916.
- McGill; UBC Essays.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index