War Memorial Gymnasium
- 6081 University Blvd.
- Original construction: 1949-50
Outdoor swimming pool: 1954
- 1949-50: Ned Pratt of Sharp & Thompson, Berwick, Pratt,
and Frederic Lasserre
1954: Sharp & Thompson, Berwick, Pratt
- Sources of funds:
- Students, private donations, and $200,000 from B.C. government.
- Architectural features:
- Reinforced concrete walls, steel Pratt-type trusses over main gymnasium,
reinforced concrete beams and slabs over the hall. Reinforced concrete
stairs cantilevered from the building.
- Won a Massey Silver Medal for architectural design.
- Thompson, Berwick, Pratt; Senate Funds; Ceremonies
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index