Centre for Interactive Research on Sustainability (CIRS)
- 2260 West Mall
- Construction from Spring 2006 - May 2011
- Project Manager:
- Craig Knight
- Busby, Perkins and Will
- $37.885 million
- Sources of funds:
- Canada Foundation for Innovation, private sources, and is expected from the BC Knowledge Development Fund
- Architectural features:
- The 41,517 sq. ft. facility is a living laboratory for sustainability research, development and practice. It includes an innovative sustainability technology like an eventual net annual power generation, hot water tubes and natural ventilation systems.
The facility has an environmentally sustainable design that meets Living Building and LEED Platinum standards.
- : This is the first Research facility of sustainable technologies and practices in North America.
- UBC Reports, Sustainabilty UBC Website
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index