Task Force Building
- 2352 Health Sciences Mall
- Original construction 1948-49
- Sharp & Thompson, Berwick, Pratt
- 1948-49 $54,500
- Sources of funds:
- B.C. Government
- Name history:
- Originally Agricultural Engineering
and Mechanics Building.
Later known as S.E.R.F. (Surplus Equipment and Recycling Facility) Building.
- Architectural features:
- 80' x 120' frame construction on
concrete foundations. Wood trusses, tar and gravel roof. 6" drop siding
both interior and exterior. Large strip windows between wall columns and
6 large sliding doors.
- 1948 first machine shop and lab planned by Prof. J.R.W. Young - square
Additional 40' of length added with hydraulics lab and food processing lab,
office and two classrooms on 2nd floor.
Originally located at the site of today's Macmillan Building east wing. Moved
to the present location in mid-1960s.
Demolished in 2002.
- Special Collections; Thompson, Berwick, Pratt; Blyth Eagles fonds.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index