Arts Building - Fairview Campus
- Perpendicular to Willow St., adjunct to the north elevation of the Vancouver General Hospital old building, today's Willow Chest Centre.
- Sources of funds:
- B.C. Government gave generous aid to the City of Vancouver toward a permanent
building for the Vancouver General Hospital, and permission was given to
McGill University College of BC, and later to UBC to make use of it untill
the move to Point Grey.
- Name history:
- Also referred to as Arts and Administration Building, or Office and Main
- Use history:
- Originally housed arts lecture rooms, faculty and administration offices
(ground floor - west), library (ground floor - east), and students' reading
room (above the library).
Since 1925 belongs to the Vancouver General Hospital.
- Architectural features:
- Three-storey white granite building.
- McGill; UBC Essays.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index