Auditorium and the Roy Barnett Recital Hall
- 6344 Memorial Rd.
Nov. 2010: UBC Renew Renovations
- Provincial Department of Public Works
- Total cost for all nine semi-permanent buildings:
UBC Renew for Auditorium (2010): $22,000,000
Renovations for Recital Hall (2010): $1,000,000
- Sources of funds:
- B.C. Government loan
Roy and Gunilla Barnett donated $2,000,000 for upgrades
- Architectural features:
- H-shaped, wood-frame and stucco. Renaissance.
UBC Renew: New seating, a new 60-person orchestra pit; new stage lighting and rigging systems; modern classroom technology; two rehearsal halls; a 2,000-square-foot costume shop; expanded lobby, box office and reception spaces; mechanical equipment lifts, and seismic upgrades. Restored in the process were many heritage features, including wood windows, plasterwork and a wall painted with alumni autographs, seismic upgrades, and updated equipment.
- Name History:
- Also referred to as the Old Auditorium.
2010-Current: Roy Barnett Recital Hall
- Ceiling collapsed in 1970.
- University Archives; UBC Reports; UBC Public Affairs
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index