John M.S. Lecky UBC Boathouse
- 7277 River Road, Richmond, B.C.
- $5.8 million
- Sources of funds:
- Private donations
- Architectural features:
- Structure – 1256 sq. metres (13,633 sq ft) two story floating structure.
The Main floor contains storage for 85 shells (boats). The second floor
houses offices, changing rooms and a 120-person function room. There
is also 950 sq. metres (10,000 sq ft) of dock space.
- Name history:
- Named in memory of the former UBC rower who won a silver medal in the
men's eight at the 1960 Rome Olympics.
- Use history:
- UBC Thunderbirds rowing teams, St. George's School, and community rowing and paddling programs.
- UBC Gold for Life; UBC Boathouse; UBC Athletics
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index