"Cheeze Factory" - Engineering Undergraduate Society
- Between MacLeod and Civil and Mechanical Engineering
- Original construction 1918-1920
East and north wing (cold room) 1925-1932
Flat roof shed 1954-1957
- Sharp and Thompson
- Total cost of all SCR buildings $20,000
- Sources of funds:
- Department of Soldiers' Civil
- Use history:
- 1920-1966 clasroom/laboratory for cheese-making
1967-1971 library storage - Colbeck Collection
1972-? Poultry Isolation Unit
1981- Engineering Undergraduate Society offices and meeting place for Engineering
- Name history:
- Until 1923 SCR Farm Diary Building.
1923-1966 Diary Building or Diary Laboratories.
1967-1971 Library Storage - Collbeck Collection.
1972-1981 Poultry Isolation Unit.
1981- "Cheeze Factory" or "Cheeze Pub"
- Architectural features:
- Wood-frame on concrete foundation, vertical plank siding, gabled roof with
- Thompson, Berwick, Pratt; UBC Essays.
- The flat roof shed removed between 1976 and 1981.
Renovated in 1981.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index