David Lam Management Research Centre
- 2033 Main Mall
- Carlberg Jackson Partners (CJP) Architects
- $8.2 million
- Sources of funds:
- $1 million from the David and Dorothy Lam Foundation; the remainder from Edgar F. Kaiser Jr., L.O.M. Western Securities and Peter M.Brown, the Real Estate Foundation of B.C., Royal Trust Ltd., MacMillan Bloedel Ltd., Lily and Robert H. Lee, Chevron Canada Ltd., and the Hong Kong Bank of Canada and the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp.Ltd.
- Name History:
- This building is named after The Honorable Mr. David Lam, a former
Lieutenant Governor of British Columbia.
- Architectural features:
- This building is linked to the Henry Angus Building by a glass tower.
Its exterior finishes are made up of brick and glass.
- This Centre was the previous location for the Old Bookstore and the
Bus Stop Coffee Shop, which were torn down in 1991 to make space for
this building. It now houses the Facility of Commerce and Business Administration.
It is intended to focus on commerce issues and related studies. David
and Dorothy Lam and others provided a significant contribution to the
construction of this building.
- Fine Arts Pamphlet Files; UBC Buildings (Campus Planning)
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index