- 6081 University Boulevard
- Thompson, Berwick & Pratt / Paddock Engineering
- Was gifted to UBC from the 1954 British Empire Games
1981-82 renovation: $800,000
- Sources of funds:
- British Empire Games Committee
- Architectural features:
- Its unique feature was its high level diving platform. It was screened
by landscaping that hides a security fence.
- Construction Type:
- Empire Pool closed Feb. 28, 2014 due to mechanical and structural issues and was removed in 2016. The new MacInnis Family Field and UBC Central now sit on the site.
- This exterior pool was built for the 1954 British Empire Games.
Proposals were later made to build a roof over the pool, but with the construction
of the Aquatic Centre these plans were abandoned.
- Ceremonies Office; Fine Arts Pamphlet Files; UBC Buildings (Campus
Planning); Scout Vancouver; Ubyssey.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index