Forestry/Commercial Building - Fairview Campus
- In the middle of the Fairview campus surrounded by all the other buildings,
perpendicular to 10th Ave.
- Sharp & Thompson
- Total cost for all 1918 buildings $9,000
- Sources of funds:
- Invalided Soldiers Commission
- Use history:
Used for vocational education of soldiers returned from World War I.
Originally housed Dominion Forest Woodwork Laboratory and SCR Electrical Laboratory in its north part and Student Council Offices in the south section.
Later north wing - forestry, south wing - commerce.
- Name history:
- Also knownn as Commercial Building.
- Demolition date:
- October 1955
- Architectural features:
- Wood-frame, 3-ply ready roofing, wood siding.
- Thompson, Berwick, Pratt; McGill; UBCE.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index