General Services Administration Building
- 2075 Wesbrook Mall
Future site of UBC Gateway Building.
- Thompson, Berwick & Pratt
- 2015 - Various UBC Departments and Faculties purchased equipment and furniture from the building. 4,000 tons of demolition waste was repurposed.
- Architectural features:
- This building form had hints of Boston City Hall, Mass. The exterior was concrete and glass with present with precast concrete mullions defining the location of interior office partitions. Asbestos throughout.
- Use History:
- This building was generally used by departments of Financial Services, Health Safety and Environment Human Resources, Internal Audit, Purchasing, Temporary Assistance, University Computing Services, UBC Travel Services, Awards Office.
- Construction Type:
- This building was designed to be part of the symbolic entrance to campus, crossing university Boulevard and linked to the Health Sciences Centre to the South.
- Ceremonies Office; Community Relations; UBC Buildings (Campus Planning); Daily Hive.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index