The Leon and Thea Koerner University Centre

6331 Crescent Road
Original construction: 1959
Addition 1: 1968
Addition 2: 1987
Renovation: August 2008
Original design: Frederick Lasserre
Renovation: Gordon Hlynsky Architects
Renovation: Syncra Construction Group
Renovation: $4,682,000
Sources of funds:
Leon and Thea Koerner
Architectural features:
This is considered as a masterpiece of modern architecture and was originally designed by Frederick Lasserre, first Director of the UBC School of Architecture.
Construction Type:
Name History:
1959-1998 Faculty Club
1999-Current: The Leon and Thea Koerner University Centre
Use History:
1959-1998 Faculty Club
1999-Current Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies (PWIAS)
1999-Current Sage Restaurant
2014-2016 - Bachelor of International Economics (Now located in the Iona Building)
This facility was originally the Faculty Club, and re-opened in 1999. It is for both the university and the external community, and is open to public. It can be rented for everything from academic meetings to receptions and weddings.
Public Affairs media releases database; UBC Properties Trust; UBC Maps; Ubyssey; UBC Archives; Peter Wall Institute; Sage Restaurant; Vancouver School of Economics; UBC Learning Spaces.

Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index