Machine Shop - Fairview Campus
- 10th Ave. between Physics and Mining Buildings
- Original construction: 1911
- 1911: A. Arthur Cox
1918: Sharp & Thompson
- 1911: $900
Total cost for all 1918 buildings: $9,000
- Sources of funds:
- 1911: B.C. Government and Royal Institution for the Advancement of Learning
1918: Invalided Soldiers Commission
- Name history:
- Also known as
Manual Training School or Mechanical Enineering.
- Use history:
Originally carpenter's, smith and moulding shop.
Later, machine shop - west and foundry - east. Used by Applied Sciences.
- Demolition date:
- October 1955
- Architectural features:
- Roughly built one-storey, gable roof
Addition - tar and gravel roof with skylight,
attached on the other side to Mining Building.
- Thompson, Berwick, Pratt; McGill; UBC Essays; Vancouver
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index