University Centre Building - Okanagan Campus
- 3272 University Way
- August 2009
- Project Manager:
- Nick Maile
- Stantec Architecture
- Sawchuck Developments
- $33.13 million
- Sources of funds:
- UBC Studentsí Union Okanagan donated $3 million to the project.
Private anonymous donor contributed more than $1 million to establish the J. Peter
Meekison Student Centre, located on the ground floor.
- Architectural features:
- The 75, 000 sq. ft. facility features several UBC Okanagan departments, UBC Studentsí Union Okanagan offices, meeting rooms, student club space, cafeteria and restaurants, cinema, multi-faith space, a medical clinic, learning centers, and Collegia. The facility has an environmentally sustainable design that meets LEED Gold standards.
- Use history:
- Student Union of UBC Okanagan, The Student and Campus Services
- The reason for the construction of a Student Centre was that the population of students attending UBC Okanagan doubled, from 3000 to 6000, with an expected 7,500 students attending in 2012.
- UBC Reports, UBC Properties Trust
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index