- East side of West Mall, between Memorial Rd. and
- Original construction 1941
Addition at north end 1943
- Sharp & Thompson
- 1941 $50,000
- Sources of funds:
- Use history:
- Built and used for military training in
World War II.
After the war used for registration, sessional examinations, AMS assemblies
and graduation ceremonies.
- Demolition date:
- COTC men voluntarily waived their pay allowance over
a 15-year period to collect funds for the building. B.C. Government made
a $7,500 grant to take the University heat, power and other services to
After demolition, old building materials were used in the construction of
the C.K. Choi Building.
- University Archives; Thompson, Berwick, Pratt; Ubyssey 25.11.1941, B.C.
Journal of Commerce and Building Record, Jan. 9, 1943.
Alphabetical Index | Chronological Index